The goal of our SigmaLink stroke program is to help customers relearn lost skills, restore the highest possible level of independence and improve quality of life.
The severity of stroke complications and each person’s ability to recover lost skills and function varies widely. As a result, each care plan is custom-tailored to achieve optimum results and may include some or all of the following activities, depending on the part of the body and/or ability affected —
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Speech and voice re-training by speech-language pathologists
- Strength and mobility exercise therapy
- Range of motion therapy
- Gait and balance training
- Psycho-social evaluation, treatment and support
- Dysphagia therapy and swallowing management techniques
- Functional electrical stimulation
Importantly, we continue to adjust and adapt the stroke program plan during as the customer relearns skills and his or her needs change. With patience and perseverance, the great majority of those in our care continue to make measurable gains over time.