The goal of our stroke rehabilitation program is to help customers relearn lost skills, regain independence and improve quality of life.
The severity of stroke complications and each person’s ability to recover lost skills and function varies widely. As a result, each care plan is custom-tailored to achieve optimum results and may include some or all of the following activities, depending on the part of the body and/or ability affected:
- Physical, occupational and speech/language therapy
- Strength and mobility exercise therapy
- Range-of-motion therapy
- Gait and balance training
- Psychological support
- Dysphagia therapy
- Functional electrical stimulation
- Psychological evaluation and treatment
Importantly, we continue to adjust and adapt the stroke rehabilitation plan during recovery as the customer relearns skills and his or her needs change. With patience and perseverance, the great majority of those in our care continue to make gains over time.